FAIR Girls believes that deeply investing in each survivor will not only empower her, but also produce residual effects that will trickle down to her friends, family, and future sons and daughters, forever altering and breaking the cycle of exploitation and violence.
This is why each of our clients receives personalized long-term assistance, including counseling, education/career guidance, medical and mental health referrals, and legal support. Survivors are assigned to a case manager to work on developing a comprehensive goal plan for themselves. Our case managers understand that each survivor has her own unique history, so they work hard to meet the clients’ individual needs. With the help of FAIR Girls staff, each survivor works to rebuild her life and become fully Free, Aware, Inspired, and Restored.
Services offered to each survivor include but are not limited to:
- Development of short-term and long-term goals
- Resources and support necessary to meet educational goals (GEDs, attending college, vocational training, etc.)
- Assistance with employment, including job readiness, resume building, and interview preparations
- Aid in receiving identification including ID, birth certificate, social security card and other forms of documentation
- Referrals for medical and mental health treatment facilities
- Counseling with a licensed social worker
- Help with finding safe, long-term housing
In FY20, FAIR Girls is proud to share that we served 69 individual survivors through our Case Management and Drop in Center programs, providing over 1,167 individual services, demonstrating the type of deep investment and commitment that is required to positively impact the healing, stability and restoration process of these survivors. These services included emergency/crisis intervention, case management, relocation services, and zealous advocacy within the government, social services, and criminal justice systems, as well as our facilitation of access to mental health, legal, and language interpretation services.