FAIR Girls provides emergency response services and compassionate individualized care to both domestic and foreign-born trafficked girls ages 11 to 21 in each of our program locations. Upon receiving a tip or call, a FAIR Girls representative meets the girl on location to provide a comprehensive trafficking assessment and initial trauma response. Our team is comprised of a licensed clinical social worker, outreach and case managers, survivor advocates, and social work interns who are a trained in providing emergency care to trafficking survivors.
We accept client referrals from local and federal law enforcement, government agencies, social workers, teachers, local partners, and the community. We also conduct regular outreach and provide referrals of missing and exploited girls to local and federal law enforcement.
Our emergency teams provide a wide range of assistance:
- Immediate hour crisis intervention
- Crisis counseling and initial overnight support to ensure girls feel safe and not alone
- New clothes and basic toiletries to ensure the client's needs are met with compassion and dignity
- Personalized long-term counseling
- Referal to safe and confidential emergency shelter
- Referal to pro-bono legal support to ensure all immigration, criminal, and family matters are addressed quickly and confidentially
- Referal to medical clinics to ensure the client's well-being and health needs are addressed quickly and confidentially